- Burr size, sharpness, and alignment have measurable effects on the توزيع حجم الطحن. That is why these factors are so important in brewing.
- A grinder in use creates heat, which increases the temperature of the ground coffee. In some cases this temperature can rise to as high as 100° C (212° F).
- These temperature changes affect shot time and extraction.
- The effect of temperature changes seems to relate not to metal parts expanding in the grinder, but rather to changes in the coffee itself — due to either impacts on توزيع حجم الطحن or the reduced viscosity of oils.
- Temperature affects توزيع حجم الطحن because the coffee becomes less brittle at higher temperatures, producing fewer الطحن الناعم and more boulders.
- Because of the importance of الطحن الناعم in espresso brewing, grinding at low temperatures and thus producing more الطحن الناعم may present some advantages.
- A practical approach in a typical cafe setting is to try to reduce temperature fluctuations by choosing a grinder design that actively controls temperature and by keeping the grinder clean and well maintained.
Brittle A material that doesn’t deform when stress is applied but instead breaks or shatters.