LIFE-TIME ACCESS, COURSE & CERTIFICATION
Course & Certification
Immersion is an online coffee course that explores the best techniques and recipes for immersion brew methods. This online course is Part Two in our series about brewed coffee, and follows on from the Percolation course. Immersion brew methods vary greatly from one to the next and in this ambitious course, we look at everything, from French press and Aeropress, to syphon coffee, cold brew, and Ibrik — to name just a few. We look at how brew parameters such as time and grind setting affect the rate of extraction. We also look at what we think are the best recipes are for both the commercial environments as well as for home baristas. After completing this course, you will have a chance to attempt a challenging final exam to attain the Barista Hustle Immersion-brewing credential.
Look forward to dozens of videos, infographics, recipes, and posters. We also conduct several interviews with famous baristas and equipment designers. All that, together with over 50 individual lessons will give you the chance to gain control of all the complex brew parameters that make immersion brewing so fascinating, and so delicious.
All of our courses and certifications are available through BH Unlimited as a monthly subscription. When this course has completed production, it will be available as a single course purchase, giving you access for life!
Price: USD 179,-
- IM 2.0 What’s in Chapter 2?
- IM 2.01 Diffusion
- IM 2.02 The No-Slip Boundary Condition Free Preview
- IM 2.03 Erosion
- IM 2.04 Profiling Temperature and Time
- IM 2.05 Grind Size Distribution and Immersion
- IM 2.06 Overextraction and Underextraction
- IM 2.07 Recap and Glossary
- IM 2.08 Comprehension Test — Chapter 2
- IM 3.0 What’s in Chapter 3?
- IM 3.01 The History of French Press
- IM 3.02 Testing the Variables in French Press Brewing
- IM 3.03 Testing the Variables in French Press Brewing — Part 2
- IM 3.04 French Press Recipe Free Preview
- IM 3.05 Jug Coffee
- IM 3.06 Jug Coffee Recipe
- IM 3.07 Recap
- IM 3.08 Comprehension Test Chapter 3
- IM 4.0 What’s in Chapter 4?
- IM 4.01 AeroPress
- IM 4.02 Interview with Jeff Verellen, Two-Time World AeroPress Champion
- IM 4.03 The Impact of Plunging
- IM 4.03.1 How Much Pressure?
- IM 4.03.2 Turbidity
- IM 4.04 Upright, Inverted, or Both?
- IM 4.05 AeroPress Recipe with Jessica Sartiani
- IM 4.06 Syphon Coffee
- IM 4.07 The Science Behind Syphons
- IM 4.08 Experiments with Syphon Coffee — Part 1
- IM 4.09 Experiments with Syphon Coffee — Part 2
- IM 4.10 Recap
- IM 4.11 Comprehension Test — Chapter 4
- IM 6.0 What’s in Chapter 6?
- IM 6.01 The History of the Cezve
- IM 6.02 Interview with Sara Alali
- IM 6.03 Brass, Copper, Silver, Aluminium, Glass, or Steel?
- IM 6.04 Interview with Emir Ali Enç from Soy Türkiye
- IM 6.05 Raghweh and Serving Temperature
- IM 6.06 Experiments with Cezve Coffee
- IM 6.07 Grinding as Fine as Possible
- IM 6.08 Should I Preheat the Water Before Adding It to My Cezve?
- IM 6.09 When Should I Remove my Cezve from the Flame?
- IM 6.10 Recap and Glossary
- IM 6.11 Comprehension Test — Chapter Six
BH Unlimited – Subscription
Individual – USD 15,- / Monthly
Coffee Quality Control
BH Unlimited – Subscription
Team – USD 99,- / Monthly
The Water Course
What happens after I buy the course?
After purchase, you will gain a membership on this website granting you access to the course.
Is the course online?
Yes, the course is 100% online! All you need is a computer or mobile device and an internet connection. You don’t need to be in Australia to take the course.
How long does it take to complete the course?
The course will take maximum 30 hours if you include text, video explanations, assessments, and at-home experiments.
What do I get?
You get lifetime access to seven chapters, 26 in-depth videos, a downloadable “toolkit”, and a Barista Hustle Accredited Certificate upon completion of the course.
How hard is the course?
The course is challenging but far from impossible to study and comprehend. The videos dive into more difficult concepts and explain them further. The comprehensive tests at the end of each chapter will also help you to apply these concepts to everyday coffee making.
What if I have questions?
Email us at [email protected] and we’ll answer your questions as quickly as possible!
What is the certification process?
You have to complete each lesson and comprehension test, then pass the final assessment (85% or higher) to achieve certification. Proof of certification will be located on your learner profile on the BH site. You’ll be able to access your certificate and will be able to share it with prospective employers. Your certificate is also printable and keeps its unique security ID.
Can I share the course with my friends?
Each user will have to pay for their own access to the course. We reserve the right to limit the number of IP addresses that access the course for each account and revoke access.
Is there live tutoring or webinars available?
In our efforts to make this course affordable and accessible to all Baristas, we’ve opted to make the content always accessible and non-interactive.
How long do I have access?
You pay once and have lifetime access.
Do I have to be a Barista Hustle subscriber to take the course?
Nope! Anyone can buy access to the course.
Can I retake the test if I don’t pass?
You have unlimited resits on the test.
Is it mobile-friendly?
What’s the refund policy?
If you’re not happy with the course, we’ll give you a full refund. Simple.
Do I need an espresso machine, refractometer, or any other special equipment?
No. We’ve designed this course to help everyone that makes coffee, regardless of their equipment. Some experiments will be difficult to execute without a refractometer, but the vast majority of the course will still be relevant.
Is it suitable for beginner-level home or service baristas?
If you’ve never made a coffee before or don’t regularly drink coffee, this course is not for you. If you’re just starting your coffee journey, read through our blog of free resources first to become familiar with some of the basic concepts that lay the foundation for this course. If you are familiar with our blog, this is definitely for you!
Is it only offered in English?
For now, yes. We are working on making translations available in several languages later on down the line. Stay tuned!
The course is limited to one IP address. Can I sign in from multiple devices?
Yes! Multiple devices or locations are okay, but we’re mainly on the lookout for large scale abuse.
MEET BARISTA HUSTLE
ACCOUNT & HELP
Copyright © 2019 Barista Hustle, All Rights Reserved!