THE ESPRESSO MACHINE
HISTORY, FORM AND FUNCTION – COURSE & CERTIFICATION
The Espresso Machine
History, Form and Function – Lessons Published Biweekly
This course will give you a complete understanding of how the espresso machine works. You will learn about all modern machine components; how they are made and what they do. We cover the turning points in machine history that improved temperature stability and ergonomics of espresso preparation. We talk to the industry’s best designers, electrical engineers and historians to get the full picture on what makes the espresso machine so great.
All of our courses and certifications are available through BH Unlimited as a monthly subscription. When this course has completed production, it will be available as a single course purchase, giving you access for life!
Price: USD 129,-
- EM 1.0 What’s in Chapter 1?
- EM 1.01 Boiler Fabrications
- EM 1.02 Heavy Metals — Should You Worry about Lead Contamination?
- EM 1.03 Steel Boiler Design
- EM 1.04 Tubular Elements
What are Heating Elements Made From?
- EM 1.05 Understanding Your Machine’s Rating Plate
- EM 1.06 Espresso Machine Safety Valves
How a Safety Valve Works
- EM 1.07 The Antivacuum Valve
- EM 1.08 The Birth of the Portafilter
- EM 1.08.1 Bezzera, Pavoni, and Arduino
- EM 1.09 An interview with Ian Bersten
- EM 1.10 Horizontal Boiler Machines
- EM 1.11 Recap and Glossary
- EM 1.12 Comprehension Test — Chapter 1
- EM 3.0 What’s in Chapter 3?
- EM 3.01 From Thermostats to Pressurestats
- EM 3.02 The First Heat Exchangers
- EM 3.03 The First Thermosyphons
- EM 3.04 How the E61 Thermosyphon Works
- EM 3.05 Dual Boilers
- EM 3.06 The Saturated Group Head
- EM 3.06.1 The E61 Group Head
- EM 3.07 An Interview with Enrico Wurm Free Preview
- EM 3.09 Recap and Glossary
- EM 3.10 Comprehension Test — Chapter 3
- EM 4.0 What’s in Chapter 4?
- EM 4.01 The Home Espresso Machine Revolution
- EM 4.02 An Interview with Andy Schecter
- EM 4.03 How a PID Works
- EM 4.04 The Multi Boiler
- EM 4.05 An Interview with Paolo Dalla Corte
- EM 4.06 An Active Group Head
- EM 4.07 The Control Panel and Flow Meters
- EM 4.08 Software
- EM 4.09 Stability Through Software
- EM 4.10 Flow Heaters
- EM 4.11 Boilerless Technology — An Interview with Dr Markus Widmer
- EM 4.12 Recap and Glossary
- EM 4.13 Comprehension Test — Chapter 4 Free Preview
BH Unlimited – Subscription
Individual – USD 15,- / Monthly
Coffee Quality Control
BH Unlimited – Subscription
Team – USD 99,- / Monthly
The Water Course
What happens after I buy the course?
After purchase, you will gain a membership on this website granting you access to the course.
Is the course online?
Yes, the course is 100% online! All you need is a computer or mobile device and an internet connection. You don’t need to be in Australia to take the course.
How long does it take to complete the course?
The course will take maximum 30 hours if you include text, video explanations, assessments, and at-home experiments.
What do I get?
You get lifetime access to seven chapters, 26 in-depth videos, a downloadable “toolkit”, and a Barista Hustle Accredited Certificate upon completion of the course.
How hard is the course?
The course is challenging but far from impossible to study and comprehend. The videos dive into more difficult concepts and explain them further. The comprehensive tests at the end of each chapter will also help you to apply these concepts to everyday coffee making.
What if I have questions?
Email us at [email protected] and we’ll answer your questions as quickly as possible!
What is the certification process?
You have to complete each lesson and comprehension test, then pass the final assessment (85% or higher) to achieve certification. Proof of certification will be located on your learner profile on the BH site. You’ll be able to access your certificate and will be able to share it with prospective employers. Your certificate is also printable and keeps its unique security ID.
Can I share the course with my friends?
Each user will have to pay for their own access to the course. We reserve the right to limit the number of IP addresses that access the course for each account and revoke access.
Is there live tutoring or webinars available?
In our efforts to make this course affordable and accessible to all Baristas, we’ve opted to make the content always accessible and non-interactive.
How long do I have access?
You pay once and have lifetime access.
Do I have to be a Barista Hustle subscriber to take the course?
Nope! Anyone can buy access to the course.
Can I retake the test if I don’t pass?
You have unlimited resits on the test.
Is it mobile-friendly?
What’s the refund policy?
If you’re not happy with the course, we’ll give you a full refund. Simple.
Do I need an espresso machine, refractometer, or any other special equipment?
No. We’ve designed this course to help everyone that makes coffee, regardless of their equipment. Some experiments will be difficult to execute without a refractometer, but the vast majority of the course will still be relevant.
Is it suitable for beginner-level home or service baristas?
If you’ve never made a coffee before or don’t regularly drink coffee, this course is not for you. If you’re just starting your coffee journey, read through our blog of free resources first to become familiar with some of the basic concepts that lay the foundation for this course. If you are familiar with our blog, this is definitely for you!
Is it only offered in English?
For now, yes. We are working on making translations available in several languages later on down the line. Stay tuned!
The course is limited to one IP address. Can I sign in from multiple devices?
Yes! Multiple devices or locations are okay, but we’re mainly on the lookout for large scale abuse.
MEET BARISTA HUSTLE
ACCOUNT & HELP
Copyright © 2021 Barista Hustle, All Rights Reserved!