Rondônia, Rio de Janeiro, and Other Regions
CBGB 4.12 Recap and Glossary
- Rondônia is the second-largest producer of canephora in Brazil and the fifth-largest coffee-producing region in Brazil.
- The subregion Matas de Rondônia was granted a Denominação de Origem (DO) in June of 2021.
- Acre and Mato Grosso are also important canephora producers.
- Rio de Janeiro was a historically important center for coffee production, but it is no longer a major producer.
- The state of Ceará was known for its high-quality coffee in the nineteenth century,