Programming, Parts, and Papers
P 4.05 – Recap and Glossary
- For larger scale brewing, drawdown should occupy 25-30% of the total contact time.
- For single cup brewing, the necessity of keeping the slurry temperature sufficiently hot to promote good extraction yields needs to take precedence over the drawdown time profiling.
- Spray heads with insufficient streams promote wells in the coffee bed.
- 01 sized flat-bed brewers promote even extraction but can trap grinds in the fluted edges.
- Filter papers are fabricated with wet strength agents that create ionic bonds between the cellulose to make them stronger.