CBGB 1.08 Recap and Glossary
- Brazil’s land area is twice that of the European Union
- ال Brazilian Specialty Coffee Association recognises 33 coffee-growing regions, and 10 of these hold protected geographical indications
- The state of Minas Gerais produces 70% of Brazil’s arabica, most of which is grown in the southern region, called Sul de Minas
- Mantiqueira de Minas is a sub-region of Sul de Minas that earned a Denominação de Origem (DO) in 2020. This region includes the well-known microregion Carmo de Minas.
- Cerrado Mineiro, in the west of Minas Gerais, was the first coffee-producing region in Brazil to be awarded a Denominação de Origem (DO).