The Brewed Coffee Compass is very simple to use:
- Brew a coffee.
- Taste it.
- If you experience any negative flavours, find them on the map (left).
- Those flavours are now the center of the compass (right).
- Find the direction you need to travel in order to get back in the green.
- When you brew the next cup, do whatever that arrow says.
- Rinse and repeat.
Enjoy, and please let me know how you go!
Please note, this compass doesn’t:
– work for espresso.
– take into account that your coffee might be of poor quality or roasted badly.
– care about brewing temperature. Just use boiling water.
Access Our Online Courses
And Premium Content Now!
With a monthly subscription to BH Education, you’ll get access to
12 online courses, 600+ lessons, 200+ videos, powerful apps, online
calculators and lots more, to make online learning easy.
If you found this useful and want to enjoy delicious coffee with the rest of the community – register for our monthly Superlatives coffee subscription. Or if you just want to keep up with every thing Barista Hustle – sign up to the Newsletter.