The Coffee Buyer’s Guide To:
Life-time Access – Course & Certification
Welcome to the first in our series of Buyer’s Guides. This course will be published in biweekly updates over the next couple of months. Each We look at the history of coffee production in each country and see how it affects the way coffee is made today. This first course in this series focuses on Guatemala. Guatemala is one of the most populous countries in Central America and the second-largest coffee producer in the region. This course will show you the ways in which Guatemalan producers are innovating to make their coffee tastier, or their farms more sustainable. And we explain what you can expect from growing regions, and plant varieties; from typical flavour profiles and seasonality to grading standards and roasting characteristics.
All of our courses and certifications are available through BH Unlimited as a monthly subscription. When this course has completed production, it will be available as a single course purchase, giving you access for life!
Price: USD 99,-
- CBG 2.0 What’s in Chapter 2?
- CBG 2.01 Exploring Coffee Production in Guatemala
- CBG 2.02 Traditional Guatemalan Coffee Varieties
- CBG 2.03 Other Traditional Varieties
- CBG 2.04 Catimors and Sarchimors
- CBG 2.05 Other Modern Hybrids
- CBG 2.06 Guatemalan Robusta
- CBG 2.07 Recap and Glossary
- CBG 2.08 Comprehension Test Chapter 2
- CBG 3.0 What’s in Chapter 3?
- CBG 3.01 Growing
- CBG 3.02 Harvesting
- CBG 3.03 Traditional Processing
- CBG 3.03.1 Advances in Processing Preview
- CBG 3.03.2 Experimental Processing at Finca La Senda
- CBG 3.03.3 Controlling Water Usage in Coffee Processing
- CBG 3.04 Traceability and Ethical Purchasing
- CBG 3.05 Family Labour on Coffee Farms Preview
- CBG 3.06 Economic Outlook Preview
- CBG 3.07 Climate Change Preview
- CBG 3.08 Adaptation Preview
- CBG 3.09 Recap and Glossary Preview
- CBG 3.10 Comprehension Test — Chapter 3 Preview
- CBG 4.0 What’s in Chapter 4?
- CBG 4.01 Grading Coffee in Guatemala
- CBG 4.02 Export Regulations in Guatemala
- CBG 4.03 Notes for Roasters
- CBG 4.04 Interview with Raúl Rodas — Part I
- CBG 4.05 Interview with Raúl Rodas — Part II
- CBG 4.06 Recap and Glossary
- CBG 4.07 Comprehension Test — Chapter 4 Preview
- CBG Final Assessment Preview
BH Unlimited – Subscription
Individual – USD 15,- / Monthly
Coffee Quality Control
BH Unlimited – Subscription
Team – USD 99,- / Monthly
The Water Course
What happens after I buy the course?
After purchase, you will gain a membership on this website granting you access to the course.
Is the course online?
Yes, the course is 100% online! All you need is a computer or mobile device and an internet connection. You don’t need to be in Australia to take the course.
How long does it take to complete the course?
The course will take maximum 30 hours if you include text, video explanations, assessments, and at-home experiments.
What do I get?
You get lifetime access to seven chapters, 26 in-depth videos, a downloadable “toolkit”, and a Barista Hustle Accredited Certificate upon completion of the course.
How hard is the course?
The course is challenging but far from impossible to study and comprehend. The videos dive into more difficult concepts and explain them further. The comprehensive tests at the end of each chapter will also help you to apply these concepts to everyday coffee making.
What if I have questions?
Email us at [email protected] and we’ll answer your questions as quickly as possible!
What is the certification process?
You have to complete each lesson and comprehension test, then pass the final assessment (85% or higher) to achieve certification. Proof of certification will be located on your learner profile on the BH site. You’ll be able to access your certificate and will be able to share it with prospective employers. Your certificate is also printable and keeps its unique security ID.
Can I share the course with my friends?
Each user will have to pay for their own access to the course. We reserve the right to limit the number of IP addresses that access the course for each account and revoke access.
Is there live tutoring or webinars available?
In our efforts to make this course affordable and accessible to all Baristas, we’ve opted to make the content always accessible and non-interactive.
How long do I have access?
You pay once and have lifetime access.
Do I have to be a Barista Hustle subscriber to take the course?
Nope! Anyone can buy access to the course.
Can I retake the test if I don’t pass?
You have unlimited resits on the test.
Is it mobile-friendly?
What’s the refund policy?
If you’re not happy with the course, we’ll give you a full refund. Simple.
Do I need an espresso machine, refractometer, or any other special equipment?
No. We’ve designed this course to help everyone that makes coffee, regardless of their equipment. Some experiments will be difficult to execute without a refractometer, but the vast majority of the course will still be relevant.
Is it suitable for beginner-level home or service baristas?
If you’ve never made a coffee before or don’t regularly drink coffee, this course is not for you. If you’re just starting your coffee journey, read through our blog of free resources first to become familiar with some of the basic concepts that lay the foundation for this course. If you are familiar with our blog, this is definitely for you!
Is it only offered in English?
For now, yes. We are working on making translations available in several languages later on down the line. Stay tuned!
The course is limited to one IP address. Can I sign in from multiple devices?
Yes! Multiple devices or locations are okay, but we’re mainly on the lookout for large scale abuse.