- We use the cupping method to manage quality because it is a fast and simple way to prepare and sample multiple coffees.
- All the parameters — brew ratio, temperature, turbulence, time, and grind — should be identical for each coffee that you cup.
- As the grinder burrs become blunter over time, causing an increase in the production of fines, the cupping grind will need to be adjusted to a slightly coarser setting.
- BH recommends commencing cupping with water heated to just below a rolling boil.
- We do not recommend preheating cupping bowls.